The holiday season this year is not going to be like any other due to the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic. Therefore, there is a need for small businesses to update their sales and marketing strategies to cater to the new normal. You will need to revise everything from SEO to content marketing for the holiday season. Keep in mind that the normal SEO activities you perform throughout the year might not benefit much during the holiday season as several things fluctuate at the time. The search terms used will change to being more specific to the holiday. Choices of products get tuned to the festive requirements; as there is a rise in expectation of the customers regarding discounts and offers. Here are some SEO tips to cope with the holiday season.
1. Get more out of the existing content: At the time of the holiday season you may not have sufficient time for the creation of additional content. This does not mean that you should abandon the content strategy altogether. Rather you might be able to save time by re-purposing your older existing content. The ways of doing this can be found online.
2. Sync your marketing strategy with Facebook: Facebook constantly changes its algorithm. This many times results in small businesses struggling to get their messages out to people. However, if you can make certain small adjustments it will help. Your business needs to evolve with the social media algorithm.
3. Use video business cards: The usual paper business cards are not effective during this period as there are fewer trade shows and fewer networking events. However, you can use a new format that can help you bring more customers during the holiday season. You can use the video business cards for your marketing. You may introduce your small business in the card or even extend it further. There are many ways of making business promotion simpler by using video business cards.
4. Step up the local SEO: This holiday season will provide many opportunities for the local businesses. You can concentrate on local SEO to not only bring traffic online and offline but you can get started with a new strategy. You can set up your GMB profile for the season, optimize your site for local SEO, keep an eye on your online reputation, and track the local SEO performance of your website.
5. Stay afloat during this Christmas: As you are aware this holiday season is not like usual. Several small businesses are already suffering from the effects of the coronavirus pandemic. For staying afloat this season you need to re-assess the delivery methods and timings, perform marketing for the local customers, ensure that you reward the loyal customers, and raise your social media campaign.
6. Support other small businesses: Supporting various small businesses is a terrific way of keeping a greater degree of cash within the community. As an entrepreneur, you must be aware of the impact of purchases made by small businesses. If you are looking to get support for your small business during the holidays do the same for others. You can get gift certificates from these businesses and offer them as gifts to your customers.
7. Leverage digital events: The in-person events have been mostly canceled due to the pandemic. However, several brands have turned to digital events for promotion. It looks as if this format is here to stay. There is every chance that virtual and in-person events will co-exist in the future. But at the moment there is uncertainty about the return of in-person events.
Festive SEO can scale the graph of your revenues to new heights. You can use these tips for optimizing your website for a great holiday season. If you are not comfortable in handling the SEO by yourself you can get aid from professionals such as I SEO U Company if your business operates in the Clearwater, FL area.