It’s easy for a website to get lost in cyberspace unless you go the extra mile to make it more visible.
Introducing Organic SEO
Organic SEO includes methods that are used to get a high listing in the SERPs. This was the best way of getting website traffic before social media marketing existed. Here you used things like internal links, meta-tags, and great authentic content that targeted those specific keywords you wanted to rank for.
There are a few reasons why this is better than social media marketing including:
- People rely on search to find your business. Just look at how you find information. It’s typically through using search engines, something that’s supported by Econsultancy’s research. They show that 61% of people conduct online research before buying anything which is why you still need to rank well for your target keywords.
- Search engines give you useful tools that show you what people are searching for. This will help you decide what keywords and phrases are really popular so you can target your efforts on them.
- Even if you can’t get into the SERPs where you want to be, you can buy a spot in Google’s sponsored links section. You can also use Google AdWords to display a text or video ad or product listing in Google’s ad network. This gives you a presence on their first page, which is better than not having any presence at all.
Introducing Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is a very powerful form of marketing that relies on human communication and engaging people naturally through social media sites. Traditional ads that blend in with these sites are also available. Unlike with organic SEO to excel here, you’ll need a plan.
There are a few reasons why this is better than organic SEO, including:
- Peer recommendations are done by simply clicking the “like” button. These instantly happen when your Twitter name is mentioned or someone tags your brand’s name too. Any of these actions notifies their connections serving as a free advertisement for your business.
- You can manage your online reputation in real-time. Responding to criticism isn’t something you can do with the search engines. However, with social media, you can turn the complaints into complements depending on how you choose to respond. Of course, you need to learn how to do this properly.
- You can buy your way into your target audience’s pages through Facebook Advertising, Promoted Tweets, and other forms of social media advertising. This is a great strategy for generating website traffic, creating Facebook fans, and increasing your brand’s visibility on social media platforms.
The Best Choice for Your Website
Even with all of this information you may still find yourself debating what’s best for your website and for good reason: You want to make sure you invest your time and money wisely. This is why you’ll want to work with a company like ISEOU. They’ll help you make sure that you don’t put all of your eggs in one basket. Instead, they’ll use both of these strategies to capture a broader audience – regardless of their preferences. Ultimately, this is the best way for you to increase brand awareness.