There are a couple of common traps many people fall into while planning and budgeting for SEO. First, they do not have a plan, and second, they do not have the requisite budget. My father used to say; if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail. As far as SEO is concerned, this failure means lost money, time, and opportunities. In this article, we will look at five tips for the creation of a successful plan and budget to ensure that it doesn’t happen to you. Before you plan something, such as hiring an SEO company, you need to keep these items in mind.
SEO is always a long-term process
You are going to need a minimum of 4 to 6 months before you can get minimal results and 6 to 12 months for full results. You are unlikely to get any results within the first couple of months. The first month usually means a lot of discoveries, planning, and auditing, and there is little implementation. It takes time for the search engine to identify the changes. The results will start appearing from the 3rd or 4th month onwards. Things will begin to move along nicely after 6 months, and the payoff begins after 12 months.
Actual SEO is never cheap
The question on everybody’s mind is how much SEO will cost. In case you are recruiting a top-quality SEO company for comprehensive SEO services, you need to spend $3000 to $5000 every month at a minimum. Several companies spend even more than that for hiring the services of SEO companies. In case you are keen on SEO, you will need to spend between $30,000 to $60,000 to start your SEO campaign. Many SEO companies will tell you that they can provide faster results, but this is all marketing.
Planning and budgeting SEO
Here are some planning and budgeting steps for your SEO.
1. Select a metric: You need to decide what you are looking to measure and why? In case you are considering ranking in SERPs to be your top reason, keep in mind that this will usually be a bad metric to concentrate on. So much so that, several SEO companies have stopped giving out ranking reports to their clients, except in some rare cases. You need to concentrate on lead generation, traffic, sales, and other conversions.
2. Have a target: What kind of increase are you looking for while conducting your SEO campaign? Close to a 10% rise in sales for the first 12 months or a 15% raise within the next 6 months? Find out what success will appear like for you.
3. Place some value while attaining that target: How much importance is it to you achieving this goal? If someone can offer you 25% raise in the next year, are you willing to try out the offer?
4. Have a budget: After you have decided about the importance of reaching the target, consider what your budget will be. It cannot be more than the value you are planning to achieve.
5. Ensure that the SEO company has everything required: Decide whether you are willing to provide full access to your website to the SEO company. If not, your IT team has to be prepared for the implementation of changes requested by the SEO company quickly.
Keep in mind that SEO is a cost-effective strategy for long-term success when an organization enters into a campaign having a proper understanding and then taking the time for planning and budgeting. All your competitors are doing SEO in all probability. They might be doing it wrong in a few cases. If you are searching for an SEO company in the Clearwater, FL area, there is no need to keep looking because I SEO U Company has you covered.
Picture Credit: Freepik